Psychologist Orientation Service:
Our team is made up of…
In order to work with our school’s pupils, we have only twelve hours devoted to orientation and twenty five for the support classroom.
The orientation team is made up of:
▪ Two school counselors.
▪ A therapeutic educator.
▪ Two coordinators who link the different educational stages.
How do we work like?
We carry out several activities such as personal assessment, we pay attention to the kids’ everyday class tasks, we provide the kids in need for specific support and we cooperate with the school’s head team in order to do some of our pupils’ activities in the most efficient way (talks with parents, conflicts solving, tutorial workshops, genaral organization, etc).
In a more specific way, these are some of the activities aimed at all our pupils:
• “Preparados, Listos, Ya” together with some motivational activities in the beggining of the year.
• “Coffee Break”, our Parent’s School.
• Alternative playground games to promote integration.
• Emotional education workshop (1st year of High School Diploma).
• “Mejorando mis técnicas de Estudio”, with the aim of improving the students’ studying techniques. (1st year of High School Diploma).
• “Atrévete a cuidar tus alas”, with the purpose of encouraging students to take care of the school’s classrooms (1st year of High School Diploma).
• XIX Jornada de Orientación Vocacional y Profesional. Vocational sessions. (2nd year of High School)
• “Conéctate a Bachillerato” (Secondary 4º).
• “Conéctate a Primaria” (Pre-school 3º).
• “Conéctate a Secundaria” (Primary 6º).
Moreover, to improve the attention to those students who need it the most, we do psychologist assessment for those whose families take part in this service. This is quite important in order to boost the development of their capacities. Cooperation between the professionals and other institutions is key at this point.